Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weight Loss Journey



I started a blog to share my weight loss journey with others. 
I once thought it was impossible to loose weight. 
Now I am living proof it can be done.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life.  At a weigh in of 281 pounds on July 20, 2014.  I just couldn't keep going the way I was going, this was the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I lacked ambition or motivation, I just kept reaching for the sugar and carbs. I could never get enough. I ate when I was happy, sad, bored etc.  Food was my best friend until one day I couldn't bare to look into the mirror anymore. I didn't even recognize myself.  It was hard to walk, I had no energy to do anything. My big butt was always getting in the way, knocking things over and breaking things. I no longer walked, I waddled.  So out of the debts of my despair I reached down deep inside and decided to finally rescue myself. I had to learn to be my own best friend and love myself enough to get healthy. I still have a ways to go, but for the grace of god I am no longer where I was.  I am grateful for the loving support of my fiance, kids, other family members, and a few good friends.

This is me this summer @ 281 pounds.






August 17, 2014.  I stepped on the scale and I was 20 pounds lighter.  I couldn't believe it.  I have never put any effort to my health in the past. Who knew just by eating right could make such a big difference.  I cut out sugar and all other whites out of my diet and starting eating proper portions at proper times. Who would have thought it would be that simple???





My weight as of today is 254 pounds.  Total of 27 pounds lost so far since July 21, 2014.  Just from eating healthy and proper portions. I have been walking here and there. My next goal is to start a workout plan. 

What a difference 27 pounds can make

Anything is possible. 
 All you need is to believe in yourself.




Written and Published By:

Angela Lumley



No comments:

Post a Comment